Monday, January 30, 2012

Something About The Color Green....

Happy Monday Lovelies...

Hope you all had a fantabulous weekend and your Monday is off to a great start :))

There is something about this shade of Green that just makes me feel so giddy and happy. I've always loved the color green in most shades, but this vibrant Kelly Green has to be my all time fav! It makes any skin tone look vibrant and full of life and you can pair it with so many other colors.  I found this 100% Wool beauty at the Salvation Army for $3, but it happened to be additional 50% off so I paid $1.50!! I was ecstatic when I saw it!! The color alone drew me too it, the cut and style made it a keeper!! Paired with a yellow and white tank from Old Navy and dark skinny jeans from H&M. Decided to wear my nude Mary Jane pumps from Charlotte Russe to tone down the bright colors.

What's your absolute favorite color that makes you day?


~ Pretty Dark Girl ~



My Baby Peppy ...




What I Wore:
Cardigan - Vintage Thrift
Tank - Old Navy
Jeans - H&M
Shoes - Charlotte Russe

16 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We adore your blog! You have a really awesome sense of style and you color blocked this perfectly! xo from NYC!

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH WOW.. thank you guys so much!! This is really nice of you to say. Thanks for taking out some time to stop by. Going to your blog as I type :)...

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely!! This is such a great outfit. I love the green and yellow against your skin. And I want your shoes!! lol

    I'm so happy you want to be featured in the "Dark-skinned Girls Rock!" series. Send an email to cherrie.amore@gmail.com answering the questions here! I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherrie :) and Yayy I can't wait, the spotlight you are putting in Beautiful Dark Skin Women is so exciting, I can't wait to meet more if the fabulous women you will be featuring. I'm so happy to be a part of it!

      Delete
  4. Love the bright colors....gearing up for Spring, can't wait! It's so funny I wore a blazer colorblocking look today myself :-)

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gurl, that green and yellow is giving me life in this cold gloomy weather!! Love the outfit!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ticka.., glad I could help brighten your day:) its been pretty decent here in the 40's so I'm taking advantage of it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Roni! Yes mam I am rocking all my vibrant colors now, why wait lol..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...after reading this post I have a few things to say: (1) I love that shade of green and the blouse! (2) How do you manage to keep Peppy out of the pictures? (LOL!) (3) I need to book a flight to the Chi just for the sake of shopping at your local thrift store - your deals are unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That green blazer looks awesome against your complexion. You look so cute in this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors such a cute outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG ...now you know I love this one. These are two of my fav colors. You are working this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous jacket! I love the green and yellow together. My favorite color combo is probably cobalt blue and yellow.

    With Class & Sass,
    ~Khalilah~

    ReplyDelete
  12. These bright colors look GORGEOUS on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, they are truly appreciated :)

~ Pretty Dark Girl~